… and I haven’t a clue where it goes. Its a week since I last posted and I really keep meaning to post more.
Shall I start again – Hello my crafty friends. I have been really busy with birthday cards this month as just so many coming up and I do try to keep at least a one month ahead. So now I have all my cards for February made and with only one exception** they are all in a plastic sleeve ready for posting when the time is right. Happy news is I am still sticking with my targets. I also added one more target to my list though its one you rarely see and that is to make the inserts for my cards as I go along and not leave it until I have twenty or thirty to do all in one go. The insert is part of the card for me, although I know many people can’t be bothered to do them, unless I am specifically asked to leave the card blank inside I always try to make one that compliments the outside of the card. So far this is going well too.
This is for my lovely Aunt who is in her 90’s, and was made using the topper and papers that came free with this months Papercraft Essentials magazine. *Target is – New Paper and Topper which came free with the magazine (the fact that I wouldn’t have bought the magazine if I hadn’t liked the paper I am trying to ignore lol).I love this one, I have been trying out a new to me blending technique and when I had finished (not one to waste ink) I wore the colour off my sponges on a spare piece of card. This background was the result and as I liked it I stamped one of my new Christmas stamps over. This one is Dragonflys by Phil Martin, and I absolutely adore it. Mounted onto black and added to a cream card, a stamped sentiment and a few little colourful days were all that was needed to complete it. Target is – Left over ink waste for background (I am putting this under the upcycling heading as I don’t really know what to call it). Using a product not used before.Here is one of the backgrounds I had been playing with. I saw Kathryn Sturrock demonstrate this technique on tv and really liked it. In real like it has a quilted look to it though it looks quite flat here. The little girl is another of the lovely stamps my daughter bought me for Christmas. *Target is -New techniques and product not used before. This is using the February image from the friends calendar *Target – bit of a cheat as I am calling this recycling though it was a new calendar.
The next three are some more new dies from my daughter at Christmas time.
Target – Using new products. And lastly, this one does not meet any of my targets but I wanted so make something for a friend who will be 21 AGAIN lol. and just one Christmas card so far
I do hope you have enjoyed seeing what I have been up to and that now you understand why I have not had a lot of time to be on the computer.
** I mentioned above that my cards were done apart from one exception. The card is now made though I have not photographed it yet. I actually made this and was fairly pleased with it; only to find when I stood it up the topper had been put on the card sideways on – not quite an Australian card, but half way there, so I had to remove the front of the card and remount it onto another piece of card. Oh well it ended good so I am not going to moan about it, though I was cross with myself at the time.
I have been playing with some new techniques over the last couple of days so hope to be back soon and share
Hugs to you all