Hello Dear Crafting friends, and a big welcome to my first post of 2019.
For this year I have set myself some goals
The first was mentioned in my last post and that was to use something new from my stash with each card I make. Secondly I want to use as many recycled bits as possible in my card making. Ribbon and old Christmas / Birthday cards are obvious, but I hope to look for things that are not so obvious too. Not sure how successful this aim will be but I do like to think that something that would have gone in the bin is being used to good purpose. And thirdly I want to try some new techniques, both with inks and in things like card folds etc.
The last is to get Garden Alphabet finished. With that done I can get out the next UFO from my now (I am thankful to say) shrinking store. Simple aims I think but hopefully they will test me and keep a fresh feel to my card making and keep me focused on finishing some more of the long held projects in my cross stitch basket.
Back to the first goal and so far I have made four cards this year. All birthday cards, the first using two sets of dies from my daughter. Both by Sue Wilson, I used Gemini Crux die (just the centre part) and from the Frames and Tags collection I used Phoebe. This is one I posted last time and this next one is using the 2nd die from that set: These just cut into the card though I would not be hard to trim round them with scissors if you wished to place them on top of the card. The last two are using dies I have had a while but I had bought them to do this Eclipse technique with and was too busy to take the time it needed to place the dies correctly. It was actually easier than I had anticipated. The first was for my brother, and the second for a friend. I do think the second was an improvement but a technique that still needs practice. I also die cut the letters in funky foam rather than using lots of little foam pads but even though I was very careful the foam still shows in places. If you have done this Eclipse technique yourself and can offer any advise please do tell me.
Lastly I will leave you with The Little Owl who now has a body.
The next time you see him he should have another wing too, and I’m sure that will be soon. I have been struggling with Wisteria but now seem to have got to grips with it so hopefully that will be done by Sunday and I can get back to this little chap.
Thanks for all the support I have received in the last 12 months and I look forward to hearing from you this year too.