I have been nominated for a Liebster Award. It is, from what I understand, a bit of fun and a way of finding out something about your fellow bloggers.
The rules are simple:
· Thank the person that nominated you, and link back to their blog
· Answer the questions they have posed
· Nominate 11 others, (with less than 200 followers) and provide them with 11 questions to answer.
· Encourage them to do the same!
This is not a mandatory thing thing, so no one has to do it. Don’t feel guilty! And if you do accept your nomination, there’s no deadline for completion. I forgot about mine, and then its taken me an age to reply to questions, think of ones I wished to ask and choose people to award too.
Kathy at Sewing etc. nominated me for this award.
I started following Kathy’s blog as she is part of the SAL group I belong to. Kathy posts about her varied hobbies, which include many things besides cross stitch. She also comments
on my blog regularly offering encouragement and kind words.
Next, I must answer the questions Kathy posed for me:
1. How did you get into blogging? I thought of it as a diary to keep notes for myself, and a record of my crafts. I have blogged for many years but when I lost my beloved Mum at the end of 2013, I was in a bad place and gave up. A year later I began stitching again and then I missed my blog/diary but I wanted a fresh start so I began this one on Wordpress – I did however keep the name I had always used.
2. What’s your favorite time of the day or night? Anytime but morning – I am definitely not a morning person.
3. Concerning any project, work or hobby, are you into the process or the completion? My nightmare at the moment is Gracious Era, I have been stitching this on and off for about 12 years, and do not have much motivation for some reason, but I do want to finish it so I joined The Sunday Sal, where I have received lots of encouragement. We post every three weeks and we all work on our own project, so no feeling like you are falling behind, or the other pressures that sometimes come with SALs. If anyone is interest in joining us then please contact Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea
4. Favourite genre of books or movies? These days I just like light reading, Cozy mysteries, and Christian romance. I used to love things that were deeper but since I got older I just do not seem to have the concentration levels I need for those kind of books.
5. Name an idea, maxim or saying that has caused you to evaluate your journey in life.
Not sure its caused me to evalue anything but my favourite saying and the one I try to live by is “Treat everyone as you would wish to be treated”. President or road sweeper, Doctor or Sewage worker, may be opposite ends of the spectrum but they all deserve treating with respect, we would be in a mess without any of these things.
6. Name one item from your bucket list. I have been lucky in life and think the only two things left on my bucket list are to visit Japan and to visit the Galapagos Islands.
7. Introverted or extoverted? Once I would have said the latter, but nowdays I think I am far more of an introvert, not shutting out others but quite content to be on my own with my hobbies.
8. Favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Toast and Marmite, or fresh fruit and Yoghurt with a little museli spinkled on top.
9. Type of music you prefer? I love music – Pop, Classic, Opera, Jazz. Some areas of each of those things I like more than others but I don’t rule anything out.
10. Share a memory from childhood. Sitting on the floor, cutting up old Birthday cards and Christmas cards to make toppers for my cards. In those days making cards was not something you heard of but I loved making my own; though the card bases were cut from my scrap books so they probable never stood up very well. I was well into my teens before I heard of rubber stamps.
11. Share a goal you have for your blog. I am not sure I have a goal for my blog, its mainly written for me and I love that people like the things I share. I love reading comments and try to leave comments when I visit others, but the are not the reason for blogging. I guess I can just carry on as I am and hope that others enjoy what I do.
Bella only started her blog at the begging of May and only has 7 followers so far so Im sure she would love you to visit and see her beautiful work.
The reason I only have one person nominated is because everyone else I follow has more than 200 followers – which is nice for them but unfortunately makes this difficult. So if you have less than 200 followers and would like to join in please let me know and I will add your name.
I also have to ask 11 questions. Oh dear, I did reply to the questions I was asked but honestly wonder if anyone is remotely interested in the replies lol so I am going to give that a miss and hope you will forgive me.